Old July 1st 11, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Semi-OT - Liberal Democrat mayoral nomination & transportpledges

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, David Cantrell wrote:

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 09:49:14PM +0100, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Tuffrey is pleding express buses at peak hours and more
orbital routes, as well as raising extra funding through a municipal bond
scheme and switching to green energy.

Uh-huh. The mayor has no say in energy policy, and municipal bonds
would require an act of Parliament.

Like Crossrail, new tram schemes, or many other things mayoral candidates
propose, and that mayors have done. Can't we take it as read that "through
a municipal bond scheme" means "through getting a private bill to enable
municipal bonds through parliament and then exercising the powers it
confers"?

I'm not saying it's a good idea, mind!

tom

--
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
right. -- Lord Hailsham