Old July 8th 11, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Abbey Wood

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I would not be surprised if there were weekend service suspensions or
the occasional blockade over one of the longer bank holiday weekends
but that will depend entirely on how complex the work is. Given
Crossrail infrastructure is separate it may be possible to construct
the new tracks and stations with relatively little disturbance.

Network Rail are entirely rebuilding Abbey Wood station (North Kent line
platforms included), so I'm sure you are right that there will be some
disruption.

The original plan was to close the station for some months, but there
were (rightly) too many protests from rail users in the area. I suspect
the new plan to keep it open will mean that building works will continue
for years rather than months.

Four design options for Abbey Wood can be seen he

http://www.fereday-pollard.co.uk/pro...y-wood-station

I don't know which (if any) of these Balfour Beatty are going to build.

--
Paul Terry