Old July 13th 11, 11:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Thank you London Underground

On 13/07/2011 22:58, wrote:

I'm not quite sure about that, to be honest. I once saw a YouTube video
of an excursion train, I think a 38 stock. The train had come into
Camden Town and was holding at the platform for the starter signal,
obviously with its doors shut.

IIRC, people on the platform were confused about why the train wasn't
opening it doors, oblivious to the fact that the rolling stock was
completely out of the ordinary. The train itself was probably shorter
than usual.

Indeed, this happens on a regular basis on the 38TS tours, especially at
central London stations (with tourists who may believe that LU still run
75 year old stock on a daily basis).

Incidentally, it's also quite common for the 38 stock to be moving along
with one of the doors open.