Old July 20th 11, 05:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
brixtonite brixtonite is offline

Default Overground SLL link

On Jul 20, 1:44*pm, plcd1 wrote:

Talking a relevant Overground example - when the GOBLIN was every 20
or 30 minutes I would have to know the departure times as just missing
a train would impose too long a wait and it would be worthwhile
considering going another way. With the GOBLIN now every 15 minutes I
am much more relaxed about "just turning up" although I do know the
times anyway! * The same applies for the Chingford Line - it's every
15 mins and it's not "the end of the world" if you just miss one. *I
guess it's all a bit psychological really in terms of people's
tolerance of being delayed.

When the Tyneside metro switched from 6tph to 5tph I started looking
at the timetable before leaving the house and stopped thinking of it
as a turn up and go service. I don't think 4tph is really good enough
within inner London.