Old August 24th 11, 05:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Chaos at Hayes & Harlington - as new C.I.S. mis-informs pax

"CJB" wrote in message
You couldn't make this up. The new c.i.s. has been up and misinforming
passengers for over two weeks - and nothing is being done to correct
the system.

It seems to me that the two monitors are correct - the colour one lists
departures and the b&w lists arrivals - the word 'Arrivals' should be a
clue.

However, I entirely agree with you about last minute platform alterations -
where these are necessary there should be an audible as well as a visual
announcement, then enough time for all passengers to get to the new
platform. If the fault is down to Network Rail FGW should insist that NR
carry the can for any resulting delay minutes.

Peter