Old August 25th 11, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Travelled from Harrow and Wealdstone to Hackney via Willesden Jn on oyster and was charged a zone 1-6 fare

Mizter T wrote in

The extinction of the zones 2-6 (and 2-9) daily cap has perhaps had

the
effect of making me somewhat less concerned with ensuring that I

benefit
from non-z1 fares, at least on days when I'm likely to hit a cap (all

of
which now include z1 of course). Though just to be clear I'm by no

means
writing off the non-z1 fare concept at all.

(Since the removal of the z2-6 cap I'm also now likely to ponder a

moment
longer - at the weekend at least - as to whether it's worthwhile

going to a
station and getting the Railcard-reduced Day Travelcard, which of

course
covers all of zones 1-6, for £5.30.)

I take it this refers to a railcard like the Network card that cannot
be loaded on to Oyster as a discount ?

--
Mike D