Old August 31st 11, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Is there an easy way of knowing which stations charge same as tubes?

If you're on the move, no smartphone or ipad to hand, and normally no
staff anywhere, how does one know whether one will be charged a "tube"
fair from an NR station or a rail fair?

For example, I always thought that Bowes Park to Sloane Square would
be charged as a tube journey. It isn't. It's £4.10 peak, £3.20 off-
peak. Bounds Green to Sloane Square, which is essentially the same
journey (with the exception that I change to the Victoria Line at
Finsbury Square instead of at Highbury & Islington) is £2.90 peak,
£2.50 off-peak. Bowes Park is more convenient, but it's probably not
worth paying up to £1.20 more for the privilege.

There still needs to be a lot of clarification on these issues... most
people really haven't a clue, including often myself, as to how much a
journey is likely to cost me, whether my journey will be capped on my
Oyster, etc etc. When will it be simplified - or at least, an attempt
to bring the NR prices more in line with tube prices?