Old October 20th 11, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Jackman[_2_] David Jackman[_2_] is offline

Default Zones 1, 2 and 3 or just 2 and 3 and PAYG

martin j wrote in

Thanks very much to both of you.
Since it'll be the Tfl rate and mostly starting by 06:15, then I think
I'll try the zone 2 and 3 only and pay the diff as PAYG Oyster and see
how things even out this year,

Actually there is something we all missed first time round - a Zone 1
excess PAYG on any Oyster travelcard including Zone 2 (but excluding Zone
1) is always at the Tfl rate, even it includes both TfL and NR - see the
bottom of

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14414.aspx

(or at least I think it applies in this case, despite the fact you are
travelling "through" zone 1 and not "into" it)

David