Old November 11th 11, 10:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default Decision on rail link due before Christmas

On Nov 11, 10:34*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 20:54:41 +0000, Charles Ellson

wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:35:12 -0800 (PST), allantracy
wrote:

The main benefit of the Croxley Link is connectivity between South
Bucks (on the Met) and the WCML and vice-versa.

To that end, perhaps Overground services from Euston could reverse and
continue in an Amersham direction.

You can't run 3rd-rail stock on the Met.

Charles:

I defer to your knowledge of the infrastructure, but what would have
to be done, and how much would it cost to make this possible?

Educate me.

Regards
JonH

...indeed, as would I. I'd have though they would be compatible as I
thought all TfL's lines used the same 4 rail system of
electrification, but even if they're not, I'd have thought they would
be compatible by historical virtue that the LO shares tracks with (and
is therefore compatible with) the Bakerloo, which used to have the
branch to Stanmore, so effectively operated over the Met between
Finchley Road and Wembley, though in reality only in and out of
Neasden depot. I know a lot of time has passed, but I wouldn't have
thought things would have diverged too much.