Old November 14th 11, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mack Mack is offline

Default West Hampstead Thameslink

On Nov 14, 8:18*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Nov 14, 6:55*pm, D7666 wrote:

West Hampstead Thameslink new footbridge is open.

Used it today, it may have been last week but I did not use WHP at all
( OTH did not notice anything different on passing through) and the
floor surfaces seemed too fresh to have been used much more than
today.

The new station building is not open nor are there barriers, the
building is still being fitted out, the footbridge leads to gap / hole
right through the building at one end, no idea how that fits in with
the entire layout.

The existing exit / footbridge is coned/taped off according to signs
this is work work to fit barriers until January, these signs shows
dots for barriers to 1 2 and 3 but not 4 unless they mean 1 2/3 and
4 . I had been under the impression only the old exit route from 1 was
being kept, as exit only in a.m. peak but not sure where I got that
notion from.

Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.