Old November 14th 11, 07:18 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default West Hampstead Thameslink

On Nov 14, 6:55*pm, D7666 wrote:
West Hampstead Thameslink new footbridge is open.

Used it today, it may have been last week but I did not use WHP at all
( OTH did not notice anything different on passing through) and the
floor surfaces seemed too fresh to have been used much more than
today.

The new station building is not open nor are there barriers, the
building is still being fitted out, the footbridge leads to gap / hole
right through the building at one end, no idea how that fits in with
the entire layout.

The existing exit / footbridge is coned/taped off according to signs
this is work work to fit barriers until January, these signs shows
dots for barriers to 1 2 and 3 but not 4 unless they mean 1 2/3 and
4 . I had been under the impression only the old exit route from 1 was
being kept, as exit only in a.m. peak but not sure where I got that
notion from.

Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Old November 14th 11, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Nov 14, 8:18*pm, 77002 wrote:

[...]

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.
Old November 14th 11, 10:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:11:51 -0800, Mack wrote:

On Nov 14, 8:18Â*pm, 77002 wrote:

/chomp/

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street level?
Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.

I think he's just digging a hole for himself again ;-)

--
Speaking only for myself
Old November 15th 11, 04:41 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Nov 14, 11:11*pm, Mack wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:18*pm, 77002 wrote:

On Nov 14, 6:55*pm, D7666 wrote:

[...]

Any bridge would have to be real high to pass over the NLL platforms.
And, in doing so would be at an unsightly height with regard to the
Jubilee and Thameslink platforms.

However, I would be curious to see your design.
Old November 15th 11, 10:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"77002" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 11:11 pm, Mack wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:18 pm, 77002 wrote:

Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.

Any bridge would have to be real high to pass over the NLL platforms.
And, in doing so would be at an unsightly height with regard to the
Jubilee and Thameslink platforms.

However, I would be curious to see your design.

I think we'd all be curious to see how you'd fund it.
It's been looked at and it's completely unaffordable...

Paul

Old November 15th 11, 06:59 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Nov 15, 11:13*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

On Nov 14, 11:11 pm, Mack wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:18 pm, 77002 wrote:
Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.

Any bridge would have to be real high to pass over the NLL platforms.
And, in doing so would be at an unsightly height with regard to the
Jubilee and Thameslink platforms.

However, I would be curious to see your design.

I think we'd all be curious to see how you'd fund it.
It's been looked at and it's completely unaffordable...

Please cite the reports on this.
Old November 15th 11, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"77002" wrote in message
On Nov 15, 11:13 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

On Nov 14, 11:11 pm, Mack wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:18 pm, 77002 wrote:
Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.

Any bridge would have to be real high to pass over the NLL platforms.
And, in doing so would be at an unsightly height with regard to the
Jubilee and Thameslink platforms.

However, I would be curious to see your design.

I think we'd all be curious to see how you'd fund it.
It's been looked at and it's completely unaffordable...

Please cite the reports on this.

Why should I?

What is being done now, as described in the earlier linked web page, is the
improvements that the various organisations such as NR and TfL have decided
they can afford. Previous plans to pedestrianise the area, and add various
expensive options such as new Chiltern platforms, were abandoned about 5 or
6 years ago.

Paul S

Old November 15th 11, 07:42 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Nov 15, 8:25*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

On Nov 15, 11:13 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

On Nov 14, 11:11 pm, Mack wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:18 pm, 77002 wrote:
Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.

Any bridge would have to be real high to pass over the NLL platforms..
And, in doing so would be at an unsightly height with regard to the
Jubilee and Thameslink platforms.

However, I would be curious to see your design.

I think we'd all be curious to see how you'd fund it.
It's been looked at and it's completely unaffordable...

Please cite the reports on this.

Why should I?

Why not? You have the knowledge, we would be interested to know.

What is being done now, as described in the earlier linked web page, *is the
improvements that the various organisations such as NR and TfL have decided
they can afford. *Previous plans to pedestrianise the area, and add various
expensive options such as new Chiltern platforms, were abandoned about 5 or
6 years ago.

Sorry to hear that. And, thank you for sharing.