Old November 15th 11, 07:42 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default West Hampstead Thameslink

On Nov 15, 8:25*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

On Nov 15, 11:13 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"77002" wrote in message

On Nov 14, 11:11 pm, Mack wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:18 pm, 77002 wrote:
Pity we could not have a new pedestrian subway with escalators,
elevators, and steps to each of the West Hampstead Platforms,
including new ones for Chiltern services.

Why do you want subways underneath a railways that's below street
level? Little to no point. Better to have a new bridge instead.

Any bridge would have to be real high to pass over the NLL platforms..
And, in doing so would be at an unsightly height with regard to the
Jubilee and Thameslink platforms.

However, I would be curious to see your design.

I think we'd all be curious to see how you'd fund it.
It's been looked at and it's completely unaffordable...

Please cite the reports on this.

Why should I?

Why not? You have the knowledge, we would be interested to know.

What is being done now, as described in the earlier linked web page, *is the
improvements that the various organisations such as NR and TfL have decided
they can afford. *Previous plans to pedestrianise the area, and add various
expensive options such as new Chiltern platforms, were abandoned about 5 or
6 years ago.

Sorry to hear that. And, thank you for sharing.