Old December 29th 11, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Heathrow Free Travel Area

On 29/12/2011 17:39, Roland Perry wrote:

The ones who arrive by car at the wrong terminal need accommodating,
there's no denying that.

A few years ago I was driving to Heathrow to pick up my wife who was
arriving at T1 (I think) but heard on the traffic news that the whole of
the T123 area was grid-locked (which turned out to be true).
Fortunately I heard this just before entering the tunnel (which was also
jammed solid), so was just able divert via the perimeter road to T4. I
phoned my wife (who had by then landed) to tell her to take the Heathrow
Express to T4, as I knew that the HEX went there and was free, but the
tube might have been faster.

But a question: to get from T123 to T4 you have to change at Hatton
Cross don't you, as all trains go clockwise around the route. I presume
that's allowed free on the new Oyster-card arrangement?

--
Clive Page