Old February 17th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Badabing Badabing is offline

Default BUSES- Pay Before You Board

in article , CJG Now
Thankfully Living In The North at
wrote on 16/2/04
5:23 PM:

This is without doubt a stupid idea.
Twice on different buses someone got on the bus and tried to pay a
fare. Spent a couple minuites arguing with the driver. Then got off.
The bus waited for them to buy a ticket. The first time the bus driver
had to shout instructions to the person.
Buying tickets before you board a bus is a great idea. However not
allowing the bus driver to sell tickets is stupid.
Surely the bus drivers can be allowed to sell tickets? As well as
pre-pay?

Its not a bad idea as long as the ticket machines work and twice now I've
been unable to get a ticket from a machine because it either wasn't working
or had been vandalised. Both times I had to argue with the driver and
eventually he let me on but basically if the machine is buggered you cannot,
according to the rules, get on a bus.