Old February 7th 12, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default LU jobsworths

On Feb 7, 11:28*am, eastender wrote:

So I pay by card which takes probably 10 times longer and by the time I've
finished there are 2 people waiting behind - ie a queue.

You poor man. Life must be so hard for you.

I agree with him in this instance. If the automatic ticket machine is
out of order (which includes to me not giving change or not accepting
any usually-accepted mode fo payment), then either the ticket office
should handle any transaction that would have been possible at the
machine, or travel from that station should be free of charge.

Neil