Old February 23rd 04, 05:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Any updates on Piccadilly Line services to Heathrow?

In article , John Rowland
writes
I don't have my Quail map to hand, but ISTR the easiest way to reverse the
Heathrow loop would be to use existing structures at Northfields or Acton to
switch the directions of the whole branch.

I don't think it's workable at Acton. But perhaps at Northfield -
currently you've got something like this (from memory):

--------------------------------*-*-----------------

X #############
------------\ /-------*-*-----------------
\ /
\----] / [------*-*-----------------
/ X #############
Depot ---/ /--------*-*-----------------
access /
tracks ----/

and you could turn it into something like this:

------*------------S------------*-*-----------------
\ X #############
----*-E-*---\ /-------*-*-----------------

\ \ /
\-----\ \----] / [------*-*-----------------
access /
tracks ----------/

where S would be a storage track to compensate for the loss of some
depot space, and E would be an emergency crossover (S could also be used
as an emergency crossover).

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: