Old March 25th 12, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default Bloody traffic police at accidents

"NM" wrote in message

Nobody has yet said why our police need a substantial amount of hours
to accomplish what foreign police manage in usually about an hour?

Having worked on Police systems in the past I would say it's very unusual
for accident investigation to be a major cause of delay.

In the UK the Police role at the accident site is largely scene management,
because other agencies deal with the injured and dead, removal of damaged
vehicles and making safe any damage to the infrastructure. Any of these can
take hours to sort out before a road can be safely reopened, but without
detailed knowledge of a particular incident I wouldn't know what the
reason(s) for a prolonged road closure are.

You don't get this sort of detail from a road traffic report on the radio,
which is why I asked the OP for his information sources.

--
DAS