Old May 9th 12, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ta,king the PIS at East Putney

I went to Putney today to deal with various matters to do with my late
mother's estate. On the way back I arrived at East Putney to see the next
train advertised as "City train" in 5 minutes. After a few minutes it
changed to 1 minute and an Edgware Road train was added due in 5 minutes. So
I thought I would let the first train go and get the Edgware Road train to
Notting Hill Gate, on my way to Liverpool St.

I wasn't therefore paying attention at first when the train arrived and
didn't see the front of it. As it pulled up I looked at the side of it and
thought "hang on, that's C stock; it can't be a City train" and jumped on
it, just in time.

But why did the PIS get so confused? And what will we do when the S stock is
all in service? It will all look the same then.

I chose the Notting Hill Gate route because it was what the Journey Planner
suggested. In all my years I have never thought of that as the fastest route
between Liverpool St and East Putney. Has the Central Line been accelerated
enough recently to make a difference?

--
Colin Rosenstiel