Old June 8th 12, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Cummins[_4_] Paul Cummins[_4_] is offline

Default taxi to airport in London

We were about to embark at Dover, when (Robin) came up
to me and whispered:

As regards the term "driving test", it is used both in the
underlying legislation (the London Cab Order 1934
(1934 No. 1346)) and colloquially by TfL and the DSA for what
taxi drivers in some areas are required to undertake.

and it's broadly the same application process for Taxi and PHV licensing.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...river-operator
-and-vehicle-licensing-guidelines.pdf

Including the requirement to hold an EEA licence, have a CRB check and,
if previously living abroad, to supply a "Certificate of Good Conduct".

And any licenced hackney driver would know this, as he has to jump
through exactly the same hoops as a PHV driver, ad has done for more than
10 years. So any Hackney Carriage driver claiming otherwise is either 10
years out of date or deliberately stirring **** to cause Fear,
Uncertainty and Doubt.

"Look at us - we're proerly checked and licensed" - Just like John
Worbouys was:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...cd=2&ved=0CFgQ
FjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2 Fuknews%2Flaw-and-order%
2F5194618%2FBlack-cab-rapist-serial-sex-attacker-John-Worboys-jailed-indef
initely.html&ei=sUDRT42GKeO-0QXcnZAy&usg=AFQjCNHC14Uwpy5Hkv06xui4Y24ilT4h1
g&sig2=8byObS7w5qG6cZkVt3EB3w

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981