Old June 9th 12, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Bennett John Bennett is offline

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other JubilleeEvents

On Fri 08 Jun 2012, Pete wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
b.com...

Graeme Wall explained on 08/06/2012 :
You would have thought so :-0 The problem is there are too many
miniature connectors for things like power supply and servo
controls to the lens. Also radio link equipment is notoriously
finicky in wet weather. There were also problems with the sound
equipment on the orchestra boat caused by the weather.

Maybe in view of the weather forecast if someone had have bought
some of those big Union jack umbrellas everyone would have been
better off.

Of Course !

" There were also
problems with the sound equipment on the orchestra boat caused by
the weather."

Caused by incompetence more-like. Bad weather was clearly forecast -
the choir should have been provided with cover of some sort. I felt
really sorry for them.

I was told that the music had been pre recorded during a rehearsal for
this kind if eventuality. Either my information was wrong or they just
forgot to use the backup!

Either way the singers should been provided with cover - it was a
disgrace and an insult to them!

Cheers John

--
John Bennett johndotbennettatsmartemaildotcodotuk