Old June 9th 12, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events

It happens that Harriet Bazley formulated :

I suspect the image of the soaking choir singing their hearts out will
be the abiding memory of the Jubilee procession, a la Dunkirk spirit....

You could be right

Old June 9th 12, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Harriet Bazley wrote:
On 8 Jun 2012 as I do recall,
Pete wrote:

[snip]
Bad weather was clearly forecast - the choir should have been provided with
cover of some sort.
I felt really sorry for them.

They had cover (umbrellas) earlier on when they went past us before
Lambeth Bridge - evidently they decided to go all out for the grand
finale and let the weather go hang :-) I noticed that the one with
glasses was the only one to have her hood up, presumably because she
would have been absolutely blind otherwise!

I suspect the image of the soaking choir singing their hearts out will
be the abiding memory of the Jubilee procession, a la Dunkirk spirit....

Certainly was. One felt they'd decided they couldn't get much wetter -
one of them had a shiver for a brief moment then just lifted up her head
and sang joyfully again. If there was a spirit of the Jubilee that was
it, I think

Nick
Old June 9th 12, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri 08 Jun 2012, Pete wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
b.com...

Graeme Wall explained on 08/06/2012 :
You would have thought so :-0 The problem is there are too many
miniature connectors for things like power supply and servo
controls to the lens. Also radio link equipment is notoriously
finicky in wet weather. There were also problems with the sound
equipment on the orchestra boat caused by the weather.

Maybe in view of the weather forecast if someone had have bought
some of those big Union jack umbrellas everyone would have been
better off.

Of Course !

" There were also
problems with the sound equipment on the orchestra boat caused by
the weather."

Caused by incompetence more-like. Bad weather was clearly forecast -
the choir should have been provided with cover of some sort. I felt
really sorry for them.

I was told that the music had been pre recorded during a rehearsal for
this kind if eventuality. Either my information was wrong or they just
forgot to use the backup!

Either way the singers should been provided with cover - it was a
disgrace and an insult to them!

Cheers John

--
John Bennett johndotbennettatsmartemaildotcodotuk