Old July 17th 03, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nathan Whitington Nathan Whitington is offline

Default Wanted - LUL Type Whistles

Spyke wrote in message ...
In message , Michael Bell
writes
Get a specification of the whistles (it may be a "chord", more
than one note) and get an organ builder to make it for you. The real
thing would sound most authentic - have you any pals in the workshops?

Thanks,
Next question is therefore, where can I find out the specifications for
the whistle? (I know they're 3-chime but that's about it).
I have a friend in LU but he works in the S&T department, so would not
deal with them generally, though I will ask him.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know, the dimensions of LU whistles,
their minimum operating pressure, who supplies them, what they cost, and
if LU would be amenable to selling a couple?

As a musician with an ear (not blowing my own trumpet - and excuse the
pun) if you can get hold of a recording of a whistle prefferably a
clear one and yes I have heard the recording at squarewheels, then
perhaps I could try and 'ear' the chord that is being played, if this
helps of course? If you think I can help drop me a mail: