Old July 19th 12, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default West Croydon new down-side entrance

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 01:21:33 +0100, "
wrote:

Speaking of automatic barriers, I passed through KX today and saw
scanners fitted to them at the gateline, in addition to Oyster card
readers.

Will this become standard throughout London and eventually the UK?

I hope so... contactless and barcode with some proportion
contactless-only, I don't see the need for magnetic any more, paper
tickets could then be as large as necessary to get the required
information on them. But I hope they get better barcode readers than
Eurostar!

Richard.