Old July 30th 12, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Oyster at Paddington (H&C Line)

The new ticket hall above Paddington's platforms 15 and 16 (to and from
Hammersmith) is fairly large and seems useful at first sight. The
doubling of the stairs to the platforms should reduce congestion.
I went there, today, with cash. and a wish to top up an Oyster card.

The only ticketing facilities seem to be 3 Queue Buster Machines.
Salient features: "... debit and credit card machines; ... has the
capacity to top up Oyster cards; ... do not take coins or bank notes"
cf. http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/rci_ticket_guide

I am surprised the ticket hall can't sell Oyster cards or accept cash.
Customers seem to be expected to walk to The Lawn ticket hall, which has
a full set of Oyster-selling facilities.

Fortunately, I had spare credit and topped up at my next station.
--
Walter Briscoe