Old October 3rd 12, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] roy.stilling@gmail.com is offline

Default gold cards

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:03:36 AM UTC-4, john14 wrote:
i have just moved to kent from west london and have just bought a
network gold card which gets me from staplehurst into london and
includes zones 1 - 6 travel. this presumably means i can make unlimited
journeys between staplehurst and london for the next year and have
unlimited use of the underground etc in zones 1 - 6 for the next year.

Yes and you can also use it from Staplehurst to intermediate stops before London (e.g. to Sevenoaks or Tonbridge).

is there a way of getting this information onto an existing PAYG oyster
card so i can just touch in and out at mainline and underground stations
instead of putting my card in the barrier slot. i have read about
different as i have already paid for full zone 1 - 6 travel on my gold
card.

Unfortunately not, as others have said.

i have only had my card two days and this morning it would not work so
will probably have to get it replaced. having a oyster card to use
would be much better

So it sounds like Southeastern's ticket stock hasn't improved any since I moved to the American Colonies a couple of years ago. Only two days is impressive - I think the shortest period I experienced before my gold card failed was a couple of weeks, and if the magstripe didn't go, the ink would fade within a few months making it illegible. Southeastern were always fine about issuing replacements but it was a real PITA. Try to avoid carrying your ticket in the same wallet/pocket as your Oyster, company key card, pay-wave credit card, phone and/or keys (yes, they even say keys can wipe them....)
--
Roy