Old October 25th 12, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Things trapped in doors.

On 25/10/2012 20:54, PhilD wrote:
On Oct 25, 6:50 pm, Roland Perry wrote:
But surely the train shouldn't be able to set off at all, in those
circumstances?

Is it not that the train can run at a very low speed, and on exceeding
that the brakes come on?

Maybe I'm wrong. Someone with more knowhow is bound to come along in
a mo...

PhilD

--

LU trains trains will simply not take power if the passenger door
circuits are not closed, unless the driver has cut in the interlocking.

(D78s and I think C69s will operate with the cab doors open, and without
the interlocking engaged, though I don't know if the same applies on
other models.)

This principle of door safety is also applicable on many other EMU class
trains, though there are exceptions.