Old November 3rd 12, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster top-up machines at St.Pancras ?

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 03/11/2012 17:04, Nick Leverton wrote:
I just realised my Oyster needs a top-up for this evening but I'll be
arriving at St.Pancras main line and probably getting a bus from stop S
on Midland Road outside the side entrance. Is there a ticket machine at
that stop, to save me trekking out of my way to the LU ticket hall and
back ?

Yes - all the First Capital Connect ticket machines 'do' Oyster, as I
think does the FCC ticket office too - both are up that end of the
station. (The EMT machines and ticket office don't, though.)

You'll need to press the Oyster 'virtual button' on the touchscreen
to activate the Oyster pad, and then if you're paying with cash you
have to select or type in the amount of credit you wish to add,
unlike the LU machines where you just feed in the coins. (Though this
is a useful way of getting a bit of change from a note - e.g. ask for
£17 top-up but give it a £20 note.)

Ooh! That's worth knowing! I rarely top up near King's Cross because of the
queues or lack of change. Isn't there a handy Ticket Stop nearby though?

--
Colin Rosenstiel