Old November 3rd 12, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster top-up machines at St.Pancras ?

I just realised my Oyster needs a top-up for this evening but I'll be
arriving at St.Pancras main line and probably getting a bus from stop S on
Midland Road outside the side entrance. Is there a ticket machine at that
stop, to save me trekking out of my way to the LU ticket hall and back ?

Thanks!

Nick

Old November 3rd 12, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 03/11/2012 17:04, Nick Leverton wrote:
I just realised my Oyster needs a top-up for this evening but I'll be
arriving at St.Pancras main line and probably getting a bus from stop S on
Midland Road outside the side entrance. Is there a ticket machine at that
stop, to save me trekking out of my way to the LU ticket hall and back ?

Yes - all the First Capital Connect ticket machines 'do' Oyster, as I
think does the FCC ticket office too - both are up that end of the
station. (The EMT machines and ticket office don't, though.)

You'll need to press the Oyster 'virtual button' on the touchscreen to
activate the Oyster pad, and then if you're paying with cash you have to
select or type in the amount of credit you wish to add, unlike the LU
machines where you just feed in the coins. (Though this is a useful way
of getting a bit of change from a note - e.g. ask for £17 top-up but
give it a £20 note.)
Old November 3rd 12, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Nick Leverton wrote:
I just realised my Oyster needs a top-up for this evening but I'll be
arriving at St.Pancras main line and probably getting a bus from stop S on
Midland Road outside the side entrance. Is there a ticket machine at that
stop, to save me trekking out of my way to the LU ticket hall and back ?

Never mind - change of plan, getting the tube first after all :-)

Nick
Old November 3rd 12, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 03/11/2012 18:18, Nick Leverton wrote:

In article ,
Nick Leverton wrote:
I just realised my Oyster needs a top-up for this evening but I'll be
arriving at St.Pancras main line and probably getting a bus from stop S on
Midland Road outside the side entrance. Is there a ticket machine at that
stop, to save me trekking out of my way to the LU ticket hall and back ?

Never mind - change of plan, getting the tube first after all :-)

Still prob worth topping up before you hit the Tube station, where the
ticket machines and windows are invariably busy.

(That said, before the new King's Cross concourse opened, the new
northern ticket hall at KXSP bucked this trend, but I'm not sure what
the situation is like now.)
Old November 4th 12, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Mizter T wrote:

On 03/11/2012 17:04, Nick Leverton wrote:
I just realised my Oyster needs a top-up for this evening but I'll be
arriving at St.Pancras main line and probably getting a bus from stop S on
Midland Road outside the side entrance. Is there a ticket machine at that
stop, to save me trekking out of my way to the LU ticket hall and back ?

Yes - all the First Capital Connect ticket machines 'do' Oyster, as I
think does the FCC ticket office too - both are up that end of the
station. (The EMT machines and ticket office don't, though.)

Thanks for the hint, that worked really well. I used one of the 3 or
4 FCC machines tucked off to one side at the bottom of the escalators
down from SPI to the Northern ticket hall, and was the only person using
them so no queue. I exclude from that heading the gentleman apparently
scavenging them for for any unwanted coins in the change receptacle or
cards left in slots - does that happen often ?

Nick