Old November 23rd 12, 01:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU withdrawn service stock in 1990 - a query

In article , (Jack
Taylor) wrote:

"Spyke" wrote in message ...

Could 11 have been L11, now 'preserved' at Epping, as detailed at:
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...11_saved_.html

Quite possibly, given that it would definitely have been somewhere at
Ruislip at that time - thanks, Spyke. Unfortunately I didn't have the
time that weekend to take many photographs, as I was otherwise
occupied (open day).

Presumably the original vehicles that formed L11 came from the same
build as the Isle of Wight 4-VEC, 3-TIS stock that was cascaded from
LU?

Yes. It was rebuilt from standard stock DMs 3080 and 3109 in 1964 and
awaiting scrapping in the 12th (1990) edition of Hardy.

--
Colin Rosenstiel