Old November 20th 12, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU withdrawn service stock in 1990 - a query

In some notes from a visit to Ruislip depot at the end of 1990 I have
recorded withdrawn vehicles numbered 1, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11 present. This is
the number series that was later used by the Schoma fleet (from 1996) and
previously by the Metro-Vick electric locomotives. After trawling the web at
length I've been unable to trace what these vehicles could possibly have
been at that time - I can't find any references in Wikipedia that cover that
number series. Likewise there's nothing in Brian Hardy's LU Rolling Stock
book.

All suggestions appreciated, even if it involves me searching further!

Old November 20th 12, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20/11/2012 23:11, Jack Taylor wrote:
In some notes from a visit to Ruislip depot at the end of 1990 I have
recorded withdrawn vehicles numbered 1, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11 present. This
is the number series that was later used by the Schoma fleet (from 1996)
and previously by the Metro-Vick electric locomotives. After trawling
the web at length I've been unable to trace what these vehicles could
possibly have been at that time - I can't find any references in
Wikipedia that cover that number series. Likewise there's nothing in
Brian Hardy's LU Rolling Stock book.

All suggestions appreciated, even if it involves me searching further!

Could 11 have been L11, now 'preserved' at Epping, as detailed at:
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...11_saved_.html
Old November 22nd 12, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Ask the London Transport Museum? or ask the London Underground
Railway Society? or put a posting on the District Dave Forum site?

http://districtdave.proboards.com/index.cgi

There is a section for Historical questions and there are some very
knowledgeable people amongst the forum's membership. You will need to
join the forum if you are not already a member. A quick look in the
History section does not bring up anything obvious.

Thanks, Paul.

Old November 22nd 12, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Spyke" wrote in message ...

Could 11 have been L11, now 'preserved' at Epping, as detailed at:
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...11_saved_.html

Quite possibly, given that it would definitely have been somewhere at
Ruislip at that time - thanks, Spyke. Unfortunately I didn't have the time
that weekend to take many photographs, as I was otherwise occupied (open
day).

Presumably the original vehicles that formed L11 came from the same build as
the Isle of Wight 4-VEC, 3-TIS stock that was cascaded from LU?

Old November 23rd 12, 01:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Jack
Taylor) wrote:

"Spyke" wrote in message ...

Could 11 have been L11, now 'preserved' at Epping, as detailed at:
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...11_saved_.html

Quite possibly, given that it would definitely have been somewhere at
Ruislip at that time - thanks, Spyke. Unfortunately I didn't have the
time that weekend to take many photographs, as I was otherwise
occupied (open day).

Presumably the original vehicles that formed L11 came from the same
build as the Isle of Wight 4-VEC, 3-TIS stock that was cascaded from
LU?

Yes. It was rebuilt from standard stock DMs 3080 and 3109 in 1964 and
awaiting scrapping in the 12th (1990) edition of Hardy.

--
Colin Rosenstiel