Old November 28th 12, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_3_] Peter Lawrence[_3_] is offline

Default Waterloo Memorial Arch steps

On 28/11/2012 09:38, Paul Terry wrote:

In addition, the OP mentioned that the work appears to be cutting deep
into the fabric of the arch. I wonder if this might be preliminary work
for the new step-free access to Waterloo International, which it appears
will be cut through the currently blank north face of the arch in the
picture on the front of:
elizabethhousewaterloo.co.uk/pdf/elizabeth_house_newsletter2.pdf

What I had meant was that the work cut deep into the fabric of the
flight of steps. However I can accept that the work is in preparation
for the new entrance, particularly if it involves a lift down to the
subway level as well as up to the concourse.

Incidentally the previously cited descriptions of the new square are
misleading in not showing the step-free entrance (and in showing York
Road and the Approach Road as traffic-free?)

Peter Lawrence