Old December 31st 12, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
77002 77002 is offline

Default London Met line signalling

On 31 Dec, 13:41, Philip wrote:
On 31/12/2012 12:28, 77002 wrote:

On 31 Dec, 11:05, wrote:
In this months Modern Railways it says the Met is going to get Citiflo 650
moving block signalling in the next few years which does away with lineside
signals. Which raises a couple of questions - why didn't they just use the
same system as on the jubilee line given that the 2 lines run side by side
for a long distance, and what will happen on the uxbridge branch which is
shared with the piccadilly? Will the latter be terminated at Rayners Lane?

My Modern Railways is still awaited. *This also raises the question of
the section, north of Harrow-on-the-Hill, utilized by Chiltern. *One
more reason to withdraw to Moor Park I guess.

These questions are answered in the Modern Railways article

I look forward to reading it when the Post Office manage to deliver my
copy.