Old July 18th 03, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Wanted - LUL Type Whistles

In message , Peter Zinckgraf
writes

You are correct in thinking it is for a model, however it is 7.25"
Gauge (i.e. 1/8 scale), and so there is a fair amount of room within
the bodyshell or on the chassis where a full size whistle could be
mounted,

sorry, I can't help you with your whistle problem, so please forgive me
for being so nosey: A 1/8 scale model of an Undergound train is going
to be a pretty big piece of machinery. What kind of track arrangement
do you use? Is there a public display of this model and the tracks or
are there any pictures on the web? I'm just thinking of a garden
railway built entirely underground...

I've created a website dedicated to it at
http://www.littleredtrain.co.uk

We use standard 7.25" gauge track as found on most park-type miniature
railways. We have about 350ft of portable track for use at fetes etc,
and the train can also be run at permanent miniature railways (e.g. the
Great Cockcrow Railway in Chertsey).

So far we haven't fixed any 'public' running dates, as along with the
whistle, there are few other jobs that need doing; fitting air and
parking brakes, working head and tail lamps, and doing some cosmetic
work on the body.

Although the train was built in the late eighties and ran at many events
(including Woking 150), it was mothballed in 1996 and was only brought
out of storage earlier this year, when my co-owner and I bought it from
the original builder.

As I may have mentioned before on this group, I also have a 1/8 scale
model of a 'Q23' stock car, purchased at the same time, but this was
never finished and will need much more work before it runs.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do