Old April 12th 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
u n d e r a c h i e v e r u n d e r a c h i e v e r is offline

Default River Transport Services - a couple of observations

Hi all

I'm looking at making a couple of journeys by boat, one of them on a regular
basis. Looking at the River Services bit of the TfL website I noitce:-

* the only map I can find a PDF, and the map bit looks crap.

* the map is out of date, expired Autumn last year, and fails to mention
some new services (at least one, anyway, the Clipper now runs some services
to Greenwich now)

* the timetable is also out of date and fragmented in layout

* the prices and services are not integrated. There's no through ticketing
(eg Greenlock Dock -- Chelsea) and only limited travelcard discounts on one
route as far as I can tell.

* One of the few decent commuter services uses Savoy pier rather than the
much better equiped Charing Cross just up the river.

I know things are better than they were, but still room for improvement? Or
am I being unduely critical?
--
u n d e r a c h i e v e r