Old April 3rd 14, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Crossrail to Reading

On 03/04/2014 17:23, wrote:
[...]
Fair enough. I'm used to comparison with journeys to East Putney/Putney.
The via SWT fares are higher. I expect that is not so in the case of
Wimbledon.

It is the case.

Stay on the Tube and you pay the TfL rate fare. Use the Tube and NR
and you pay the more expensive 'through fare' (unless the NR line in
question is subject to the TfL rate, but in this case it's not [1]).

Fares can be checked using the fare finder he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/fares/single-fare-finder

But if you use Oyster there is only one gateline at Wimbledon. What do you
get charged if you touch in at Waterloo or Vauxhall or not?

You can look up specific fares on the fare finder link I gave above.

The system knows if you travelled on NR via Waterloo (or Vauxhall),
because you'd have touched-out at the Tube gateline and touched-in at
the NR gateline.

(If you were to somehow escape Waterloo Tube station without
touching-out, and get on to the Waterloo mainline platforms without
touching-in, then on arrival at Wimbledon the system would assume you'd
arrived on the Underground - of course you would also have made the
Waterloo to Wimbledon journey on SWT without a valid ticket.)