Old April 4th 14, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
StatusBaby StatusBaby is offline

Default TfL's Google bus maps have gone...

I noticed these maps had gone - and I found them very useful as the journey planner calculator assumes you prefer to change buses rather than have a very short walk! (Even if you tell the system you want fewer changes).

I contacted TFL in December - this was the response:

Thank you for your email regarding the TfL website.
I have investigated this matter and have found that Googlemaps, who provide the software for the interactive map, have recently upgraded from v2 to v3.. We are currently in the process of upgrading our website. As such, the decision was made to not pay the additional cost to maintain v3 on the old website, but include it on the new one, which shall be launched in a few months.
The current maps are a temporary measure, and the interactive maps will be returned once the new website has gone live. I am sorry for the disruption this causes you in the meantime.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact me again if you need any further assistance, or if you would prefer to talk to us about this matter, please call us on 0343 222 1234.

Yours sincerely

Krupa Varsani
Customer Service Adviser
Transport for London Customer Services

The new website is now launched - and guess what - no Google maps bus routes - I have written again to to see if they are planning to live up to their earlier commitments.

Thanks for the heads up on the countdown bus maps Spyke - these would be more useful if the map was larger - zooming out removes too many street names, and zooming in so all street names are shown makes the map cover a very small area.