Old May 13th 14, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
R. Mark Clayton R. Mark Clayton is offline

Default Wi-Fi on North Surrey Buses

Stagecoach has this on the newest hybrid buses in Manchester and intends to
retrofit the rest.

It is pretty fast, so I think the link to the bus must be 4G.

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message
Abellio, who operate most North Surrey buses, has recently introduced free
Wi-Fi on

routes 441, 451, 461, 557.so you can download as you go

My 458 (Staines-Walton-Kingston) on Thursday had a demister fault and
since the spare had Wi-Fi I could verify it was usable with my Kindle.

http://www.abellio.co.uk/free-onboard-wifi.html

provided by
http://mobileonboard.com/beam-bus-wi-fi/

--