Old May 12th 14, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Default Wi-Fi on North Surrey Buses

Abellio, who operate most North Surrey buses, has recently introduced free
Wi-Fi on

routes 441, 451, 461, 557.so you can download as you go

My 458 (Staines-Walton-Kingston) on Thursday had a demister fault and since
the spare had Wi-Fi I could verify it was usable with my Kindle.

http://www.abellio.co.uk/free-onboard-wifi.html

provided by
http://mobileonboard.com/beam-bus-wi-fi/

--
Mike D

Old May 13th 14, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Stagecoach has this on the newest hybrid buses in Manchester and intends to
retrofit the rest.

It is pretty fast, so I think the link to the bus must be 4G.

Old May 14th 14, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 12 May 2014 23:37:14 UTC+1, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
Abellio, who operate most North Surrey buses, has recently introduced free

Wi-Fi on

routes 441, 451, 461, 557.so you can download as you go

My 458 (Staines-Walton-Kingston) on Thursday had a demister fault and since

I was in Bournemouth recently, which is a bit of a University town, and it seems as if all the buses had wifi. And there's an awful lot of buses in Bournemouth.

Coming back by Southern Trains, there was no wifi. There was also a fault on the train so that the plugs which one can use to charge electro-mechanical devices were not functional.

Old May 15th 14, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Arriva have wi-fi on their Saphire services but I find using my 3G connection much easier than filling in a sign up screen on my phone. Also I don't get a fresh lot of marketing emails. The power points on the buses are useful though.