Old May 13th 14, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wi-Fi on North Surrey Buses

In article , (chris) wrote:

On 13/05/2014 11:05, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Stagecoach has this on the newest hybrid buses in Manchester and intends
to retrofit the rest.

It is pretty fast, so I think the link to the bus must be 4G.

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message
Abellio, who operate most North Surrey buses, has recently introduced
free Wi-Fi on

routes 441, 451, 461, 557.so you can download as you go

My 458 (Staines-Walton-Kingston) on Thursday had a demister fault and
since the spare had Wi-Fi I could verify it was usable with my Kindle.

http://www.abellio.co.uk/free-onboard-wifi.html

provided by
http://mobileonboard.com/beam-bus-wi-fi/

Dundee Stagecoach has it as well, but it's usually pretty poor. Maybe
because everyone's using it, so I prefer to use my 3G connection.

Similarly on Stagecoach's Cambridgeshire Guided Busway fleet.

--
Colin Rosenstiel