Old July 19th 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default the quest for safety

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
Agreed, and unfortunately that attitude of "I'm bigger than you, keep
out of my way" is displayed by far too many car drivers. At one time I
owned and drove both a bike and a scruffy Bedford CF. When I was out on
the bike I got carved up, crowded and generally treated with no
consideration whatsoever by a great many car drivers. However when in
this large scruffy van, all the cars kept well clear.

As a third age person, I've no experience of bike's on roads, but it
sure made a difference to the car owning proletariat when I was driving
a white van about two feet above their eye level.
--
Clive