Old July 4th 14, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Underground has its own binmen

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

Although I never thought about it, I just assumed that LU used the
council's bin-men like everyone else. Why do they have their own? If
it's for cost reasons, that suggests that councils are seriously
overcharging for bin collection. Maybe they don't want to let council
bin-men into secure sites.

"Trade" waste has been open to commercial providers in competition with
local authorities for decades. So TfL could tender the services like any of
the others it buys in.

--
Colin Rosenstiel