Old April 23rd 04, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence Peter Lawrence is offline

Default South Western headcode 15

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:14 +0100 (BST), (Peter Beale)
wrote:

In article ,
(James) wrote:

Does anyone have any idea when SW Headcode 15 Waterloo - Horsham was
last used (if ever)? Was there ever a service Waterloo -
Littlehampton/Bognor/Portsmouth via such a route?

My 1968(-ish) Ian Allan BR Headcodes gives 17 (not 15) for Waterloo-Horsham,
but nothing else routed via Horsham. The Oct. 1947 SR timetable has an hourly
Waterloo-Horsham taking about 1h20m, with a 10m wait at Dorking North to
allow a limited-stop London Bridge-Horsham to pass; on Sundays they did better
with no wait at Dorking. The summer 1962 BR(S) timetable is virtually the same
as 1947.

Agreed, but in the years I remember, the overtaking train was Victoria
- Bognor/Portsmouth - a useful connection.

15 was Waterloo - Effingham Jct via Epsom.
--
Peter Lawrence