Old February 24th 15, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Oyster charging for journeys that don't happen

On Thursday, 12 February 2015 12:55:23 UTC, David Cantrell wrote:
I've found another way in which Oyster incorrectly charges people too
much.

On Tuesday evening I touched in and got on a train at Waterloo. A few
minutes later we were told that there was no driver. So I got off,
touched out, found the next train on the departures board, touched in,
and travelled.

The result - I was charged for entering and exiting at Waterloo, and
then charged again for my actual journey.

Now, I've emailed the helpline and I'm sure I'll get a refund in a few
days, but most people aren't aware of how error-prone Oyster is and
consequently that they should check their journey history. I wonder how
much TfL and SWT made from that train full of people going nowhere.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Only some sort of ghastly dehumanised moron would want to get
rid of Routemasters
-- Ken Livingstone, four years before he got rid of 'em

Happens all the time at Paddington. Pax. touch in at platform 12 for the Heathrow Connect. But frequently in the late evening the HConn comes into another platform. So pax. then have to touch out - or worse are allowed through the gates by obliging staff - only to touch in again at say 10. I understand that this incurrs a penalty charge. CJB.