Old March 16th 15, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default There is a good service on all lines

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:55:36 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
You have to love TfLs reality distortion field. I wonder if they taught Apple
how to do it?

I believe they now use that adjective because there were too many cynical
laughs when they said there was a "normal" service on all lines.

More accurate though. But I just don't understand why they bother. If someone
is standing on a packed platform waiting for a train to turn up do TfL honestly
think that by playing this announcement that person is going to think "Ah,
well thats alright then, there isn't a delay - it must be me."? Either
someone in this organisation has been reading some cod psychology books and
has swallowed the line that if you tell people something often enough they'll
believe it despite the evidence of their own eyes, or they're genuinely just
morons.

--
Spud