Old March 16th 15, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default There is a good service on all lines

Ah , that happy message from the tannoy which we all know is pure BS.

Finsbury park:
Southbound victoria line platform rammed - people queueing on the stairs.
Give up , got to Kings X on piccadilly to get northern line.

Kingx X.
Southbound northern line train going nowhere. Platform & train rammed. Next
train 6 minutes. Made even more fun by the now 3 minute walk between the
platforms instead of the former 30 seconds thanks to TfL taking literally
years to fix some escalators.

But apparently "There is a good service on all lines".

You have to love TfLs reality distortion field. I wonder if they taught Apple
how to do it?

--
Spud

Old March 16th 15, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Ah , that happy message from the tannoy which we all know is pure BS.

Finsbury park:
Southbound victoria line platform rammed - people queueing on the stairs.
Give up , got to Kings X on piccadilly to get northern line.

Kingx X.
Southbound northern line train going nowhere. Platform & train rammed. Next
train 6 minutes. Made even more fun by the now 3 minute walk between the
platforms instead of the former 30 seconds thanks to TfL taking literally
years to fix some escalators.

But apparently "There is a good service on all lines".

You have to love TfLs reality distortion field. I wonder if they taught Apple
how to do it?

I believe they now use that adjective because there were too many cynical
laughs when they said there was a "normal" service on all lines.
Old March 16th 15, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:55:36 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
You have to love TfLs reality distortion field. I wonder if they taught Apple
how to do it?

I believe they now use that adjective because there were too many cynical
laughs when they said there was a "normal" service on all lines.

More accurate though. But I just don't understand why they bother. If someone
is standing on a packed platform waiting for a train to turn up do TfL honestly
think that by playing this announcement that person is going to think "Ah,
well thats alright then, there isn't a delay - it must be me."? Either
someone in this organisation has been reading some cod psychology books and
has swallowed the line that if you tell people something often enough they'll
believe it despite the evidence of their own eyes, or they're genuinely just
morons.

--
Spud

Old March 16th 15, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
-septem
ber.org, at 10:21:21 on Mon, 16 Mar 2015, Recliner
remarked:
Finsbury park:
Southbound victoria line platform rammed - people queueing on the stairs.
Give up , got to Kings X on piccadilly to get northern line.

The Northern City into Moorgate had a signal failure on the way to
Drayton Park which was causing delays and diversions. Probably a lot of
extra people trying to get on the tube.

So, technically, the Tube didn't have any problems and was therefore
running a "good" service?

It's whether the trains are running on time, not how crowded they are.

And sometimes things are better than they claim - last week I was on the
Bakerloo and the signage and tannoys said they had cancelled the service
north of somewhere like Queens Park, but on the train the driver said
the disruption had now been cleared.