Old March 16th 15, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering[_2_] Tim Roll-Pickering[_2_] is offline

Default London Bridge: 'Life threatening chaos'

Recliner wrote:

I can't say I took a tape measure with me but I didn't the platforms were
especially narrow apart from around the steps up to the bridge. At the
mainline terminuses I'm most used to at peak hours, Waterloo and
Liverpool
Street, you often get people waiting on the platform itself and you can
get
a turnaround. And London Bridge evening arrivals are not noticeably
packed.

"Platforms 10 and 15 are narrowed to allow work to continue behind the
hoardings. It might take you longer to get off your train and pass through
the gates during the morning rush hour/morning peak."

From http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk/london-bridge/

Platform 15 has a waiting area and promises that people in it won't miss
their trains...

The Standard reports a range of proposals from Network Rail including:

* Cutting some stops from some inbound Southern trains to increase
punctuality
* More rapid response repair teams
* "Customer action teams" to respond to delayed services
* "One Station One Team" with the same jackets and co-operation between
companies
* Independent research on crowd management
* Better info screens, improved wi fi and clearer PA messages

--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c