Old April 28th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default What happens at those "urgent" moments?

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 at 03:46:38, Boltar wrote:

Just wondering wehen I was on the tube today , what happens if a driver
on a tube/train/bus suddenly gets a dose of the ****s or is taken ill in
some other way. HOw do the transport companies solve problems like that?
For busses I guess they just stop the bus at the nearest toilet/bush and make
a run for it but what happens in trains where the drivers stuck in a cab
possibly miles from anywhere?

A couple of times I've been on a bus that has pulled up hastily outside
Brixton Bus Garage and the driver has rushed in, and come out a few
minutes later looking mightily relieved.

I imagine train drivers carry a plastic bag with them - cf the other
thread.....

B2003

PS: Don't ask why I was wondering, you don't want to know...

Well, I hope you're feeling better now!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004