Old April 28th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What happens at those "urgent" moments?

Just wondering wehen I was on the tube today , what happens if a driver
on a tube/train/bus suddenly gets a dose of the ****s or is taken ill in
some other way. HOw do the transport companies solve problems like that?
For busses I guess they just stop the bus at the nearest toilet/bush and make
a run for it but what happens in trains where the drivers stuck in a cab
possibly miles from anywhere?

B2003

PS: Don't ask why I was wondering, you don't want to know...

Old April 28th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 at 03:46:38, Boltar wrote:

Just wondering wehen I was on the tube today , what happens if a driver
on a tube/train/bus suddenly gets a dose of the ****s or is taken ill in
some other way. HOw do the transport companies solve problems like that?
For busses I guess they just stop the bus at the nearest toilet/bush and make
a run for it but what happens in trains where the drivers stuck in a cab
possibly miles from anywhere?

A couple of times I've been on a bus that has pulled up hastily outside
Brixton Bus Garage and the driver has rushed in, and come out a few
minutes later looking mightily relieved.

I imagine train drivers carry a plastic bag with them - cf the other
thread.....

B2003

PS: Don't ask why I was wondering, you don't want to know...

Well, I hope you're feeling better now!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004
Old April 28th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Annabel Smyth
writes

I imagine train drivers carry a plastic bag with them - cf the other
thread.....

All train drivers can stop for personal needs relief at the next
station. They simply use the radio to inform the line controller what
they are doing (no not number 1 or number 2's!!!!)

Some stations have toilets at the end of the platforms behind unmarked
doors for the use of drivers.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this
Old April 29th 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Some stations have toilets at the end of the platforms behind unmarked
doors for the use of drivers.

The southbound Piccadilly line at wood green must have one then! Im forever
having to wait, while the drivers dissapear into some dark passage, only to
re emerge looking releived!

Old April 29th 04, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Gollum
writes

Some stations have toilets at the end of the platforms behind unmarked
doors for the use of drivers.

The southbound Piccadilly line at wood green must have one then! Im forever
having to wait, while the drivers dissapear into some dark passage, only to
re emerge looking releived!

Yes it does - and facilities to top up again :-) (water point!)

Old April 29th 04, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Gollum" wrote the following in:

Some stations have toilets at the end of the platforms behind
unmarked doors for the use of drivers.

The southbound Piccadilly line at wood green must have one then!
Im forever having to wait, while the drivers dissapear into some
dark passage, only to re emerge looking releived!

I certainly feel relieved after disappearing into dark passages.

--
message by Robin May, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

"You MUST NOT drive dangerously" - the Highway Code
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.
Old May 1st 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29 Apr 2004, Robin May wrote:

"Gollum" wrote the following in:

Some stations have toilets at the end of the platforms behind
unmarked doors for the use of drivers.

The southbound Piccadilly line at wood green must have one then!
Im forever having to wait, while the drivers dissapear into some
dark passage, only to re emerge looking releived!

I certainly feel relieved after disappearing into dark passages.

this sort of thing should be crossposted to ULL. thx.

tom

--
Don't trust the laws of men. Trust the laws of mathematics.