Old May 15th 15, 02:55 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default UK faces first major train strike in 20 years

In message , at 14:56:14 on
Fri, 15 May 2015, e27002 aurora remarked:
Sadly, even as we chew the fat, road haulage companies will be circling
railfreight customers with 12 month contracts as the price for helping out
during a 24 hour strike.

I do not like it one bit. Things should never have reached this
point. But, railwaymen are entitled to expect at least a fair day's
pay for an excellent day's work.

Does that include the guard on my XC train earlier in the week who hid
in the rear cab for 2.5hrs?