Old April 28th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ITMA ITMA is offline

Default Congestion Charge extension

Its pretty obvious that the traffic light phasing has been tinkered with
recently so as to aggravate congestion in the run up to consultation on the
Ken & Chelsea expansion, just as the lights were before they introduced the
main central London area. On a point of principle we ought to be fighting
back and exposing this corruption - they've invaded countries before now for
less! Are there any campaign groups who advocate alternate means of
resisting congestion, such as doing away with unnecessary traffic lights,
improving the timing / phasing of lights so as to actually assist traffic
flow rather than deliberately have a stop-go policy, or to ban delivery
vehicles from certain hours, and so on?
--
"If everyone followed my method of deleting all but the snippet of an
earlier message they were replying to then these newsgroups would be a hell